Moritz Grossmann DATE Ice Blue Oster Edition | LE8 |
There is only one piece still available for purchase and it is serial #8/8.
Moritz Grossmann revisits the expressive DATE timepiece with a new exciting collaboration with Oster Jewelers. This latest Ice Blue edition is a cool and refreshing take on this elegant wristwatch, available in a limited edition 8 piece release. The hand-guilloché technique by Kari Voutilainen of Comblémine shines on the dial and sub-dial, with each detailed meticulously considered, while the stainless steel case of the Moritz Grossmann DATE Ice Blue Oster Edition perfectly balances the ice blue dial. This exciting watch is absolutely magnificent on the wrist, and is sure to complement your everyday.
Ref. DATE-Ice Blue Oster Ed.
To inquire about availability please phone 303.572.1111
The guilloché pattern on the dial and solid silver subsidiary seconds are furnished
with a special coating. Depending on the angle the light falls, it creates a dynamic
interplay of subtle ice blue shades. The minute scale has been moved slightly inwards, creating space for the complete date scale from 1 to 31. The dial numerals in blue contrast sharply with the light background. The hours and minutes are impressed onto a silver ring in dot form. The combination of the iridescent ice blue of the guilloché and the case made from stainless steel creates a cohesive overall impression of perfectly
coordinated colors and shapes. The lance-shaped hands of the DATE Ice Blue Oster Edition are handcrafted and finished in the manufactory and then annealed in blue to match the circumferential date scale. The blued bracket-shaped date marker is also elaborately crafted by hand.
Moritz Grossmann timepieces sell very quickly. If interested in one of these watches please reach out to Jeremy: Jeremy@osterjewelers.com to be updated with availability.
A unique aspect of the DATE Ice Blue Oster Edition is the calibre 100.3 with jumping date display. It is a combination of precise, legible display and mechanical
sophistication coupled with a high level of convenience. The complete date scale
from 1 to 31 and the unusual bracket shape of the date marker underpin the
elegance and functionality of the DATE Ice Blue Oster Edition. One special feature is that the time and date can be adjusted just before midnight and straight after midnight. The hand is positioned exactly on the right date via a click spring. In addition to the precise jumping date display, this date adjustment benefits from the fact that the switching finger does not interfere with the switching wheel except for the jump to the next date, a process that lasts a matter of milliseconds. As such, the date can be adjusted forwards and backwards at any time while the movement carries on running.
The rear of the watch also offers a striking display of colour thanks to the sapphire
crystal back. The artistically finished calibre 100.3 with the Grossmann balance,
the ratchet wheel with 3-band snailing and the hand-engraved cantilevered
balance cock with regulator arm and Grossmann micrometer screw is a work of
art dedicated to precision. The finest cuts and polishes allow the whole ensemble
to sparkle in a multitude of ways. The screws, annealed by hand in violet, are in
perfect but subtle harmony with the German silver, steel and gold shades. The watch is completed by a fine hand-sewn strap made from black alligator leather.
Manufactory calibre 100.3, manual winding, regulated in
- Grossmann balance
- Hand setting override and start of movement with lateral pusher
- Precisely jumping date display with a peripheral marker
- Bidirectional date adjustment with a second crown at 10 o'clock
- Space-saving modified Glashütte stopwork with backlash
- Adjustment with Grossmann micrometer screw on cantilevered balance cock
- Pillar movement with 2/3 plate and pillars made of untreated German silver
- Balance cock and escape-wheel cock hand-engraved
- Broad horizontal Glashütte ribbing
- 3-band snailing on the ratchet wheel
- Raised gold chatons with pan-head screws
- Separately removable clutch winder mechanism
- Stop seconds for hand setting
- Hours, minutes and seconds
Number of parts
26 jewels, of which 3 in screwed gold chaton
- Shock-absorbed Grossmann balance with 4 inertia screws and 2 poising screws
- Nivarox 1 balance spring with No. 80 Breguet terminal curve
- Gustav Gerstenberger geometry
Diameter: 14.2 mm
42 hours when fully wound
- Two crowns in stainless steel to wind the watch and set the time
- Pusher in stainless steel to start the watch
- 41.0 mm diameter
- 11.85 mm height
- 36.4 mm diameter
- 5.55 mm height
Three-part, stainless steel
Solid silver with ice blue guilloché
- Handcrafted, steel
- Hour, minute, and seconds
- Date marker blue annealed
- Sapphire crystal
- Antireflective coating on one side
Hand-stitched alligator leather with prong buckle in stainless steel
Oster Jewelers is an authorized Moritz Grossmann Retailer