GoS Norrsken Northern Lights Blue Hand-Guilloché Dial | LE50 | Pre-Order
The independent Swedish watch brand, GoS, is proud to release a new limited edition blue Guilloché choice for the Norrsken collection. Drawing inspiration from the Northern Lights, this timepiece captures the appearance of swirling blue lights dancing across northern skies. The Norrsken brings together a collaboration of artisans and encompasses and features a hand turned guilloché dial with a micro-rotor movement. Formed of Swedish crystal, the hand blown index ring allows an extraordinary degree of luminescence to pass through its clear surface, flooding the dial with vivid blue tones.
Limited to 50 pieces worldwide. Ships March 2022.
To inquire about availability please phone 303.572.1111
The Norrsken is available with a choice of case rings, dials and bezels. At the heart of the watch is the Calibre GoS03, featuring premium finishing and a customised micro-rotor hand forged in Damascus steel. The micro-rotor for the blue Guilloche-option receives a Midnight Blue heat-tempered finishing, which previously has been available for GoS Damascus steel dials only.
Housed in a 41.5mm stainless steel case, the Norrsken is encompassed by an array of materials and is available with a hand-guilloché dial produced in collaboration with the renowned guilloché specialist, Jochen Benzinger.
The index ring, encircling the dial, is produced by Swedish master craftsman, Mikael Kenlind of Vas Vitreum. Twelve small fixation points hold the index ring in place, allowing a degree of flex and thereby mitigating the risk of damage should the watch be subject to impact.
James Thompson, of Swedish based Black Badger, provides an insert ring cast from solid Badgerite. This solid lume material, developed in collaboration with Swiss firm, RC Tritec, the makers of Super-LumiNova, is positioned behind the glass index ring. The clear glass ring refracts light into the case, creating a mesmerising bright blue shimmer. A further application of lume is positioned below the index ring near the exposed dial area, enhancing the readability of the indexes. A special colour of lume and method of application were developed specifically for this watch.
Spear-shaped hour and minute hands convey the prevailing time, while the GoS triskele indicates the running seconds. Both the index ring and seconds display are recessed within the dial, which is filled with Super-LumiNova. The case of the Norrsken is available with a highly polished stainless-steel case ring, Damascus steel case ring., or with a Black Damascus treatment of the damascus steel case parts.
The bezel and the caseback are facetted, accentuating the appearance of the fluted case ring. The bezel is available in a choice of highly polished stainless steel or Damascus steel, both finished in the GoS workshop. Furthermore, all pin buckles are forged of Damascus steel, produced by GoS, and feature the brand’s triskele logo.
The caseback is fitted with a pane of sapphire crystal allowing the wearer to view the automatic movement within. The Calibre GoS03 is made by movement specialist Schwarz Etienne and customised by GoS. It encompasses premium finishing, including hand polished bevels and specific modifications requested by GoS, including a dedicated escape wheel bridge.
The hand forged Damascus steel micro-rotor sits flush with the neighbouring bridges, mitigating the height of the movement and providing unrestricted views of numerous beautifully finished components. The ratchet wheel is adorned with the GoS triskele emblem. When the mainspring is fully wound, the watch will run autonomously for 86 hours.
- Hours, minutes, seconds
- Small second at 6h: in the shape of the GoS triskele
- Manufacture movement by Schwarz Etienne with GoS-specific modifications and finishing
- Automatic winding with a micro-rotor and hand finished damascus steel counterweight
- GoS triskele engraved on click wheel
- Hand polished bevels on all bridges
- Separate bridge for escape wheel
- 21,600 vibrations/hour
- 86h power reserve
- Stop-seconds mechanism
- 33 jewels – 199 parts
- 30.40mm x 5.25mm
- 41.5mm x 12.1mm (8mm at edge)
- Stainless steel with optional Black Damascus case ring and/or - - Damascus steel bezel
- Sapphire crystals front and caseback – Front crystal domed with double sided anti-reflective coating
- Transparent crystal gaskets in new Swiss developed material
- 5ATM water resistance (50m)
- Crown with double gaskets and GoS internal impact protection.
Hand Guilloché Dial
- Silver dial hand turned by master Jochen Benzinger - machined and finished by Patrik Sjögren
- Hour index recesses filled with midnight blue Badgerite, developed by James Thompson together with Swiss SuperLuminova
- Transparent index ring in Swedish Crystal - individually handmade by master glass artisan Mikael Kenlind
- Solid ring of Badgerite applied round the Crystal index ring
- GoS viking spearhead – Rhodium plated
- GoS triskele small seconds hand
- Polished Salmon leather: black or blue (Made in Stockholm)
- Tapered 21mm to 20mm with rounded padding
- Pin buckle in stainless damascus steel with GoS triskele logo