GoS Norrsken Northern Lights Hand-Guilloché Dial | LE
Introducing the limited edition Gustafsson & Sjögren (GoS) Norrsken. Drawing inspiration from the Northern Lights, this timepiece captures the appearance of swirling green lights dancing across northern skies. The Norrsken brings together a collaboration of artisans and encompasses a choice of a hand-guilloché dial (seen here) or a Damascus steel dial. Formed of Swedish crystal, the handblown index ring allows an extraordinary degree of luminescence to pass through its clear surface, flooding the dial with vivid green tones.
The Norrsken is available with a choice of dials, bezels, and case rings. At the heart of the watch is the Calibre GoS03, featuring premium finishing and a customised micro-rotor hand-forged in Damascus steel and housed in a 41.5mm stainless steel case, encompasses an array of materials including the Damascus steel dial, a material synonymous with GoS, or a hand-guilloché dial.
Limited to 50 pieces worldwide. Contact Jeremey@osterjewelers.com to customize your GoS Norrsken today.
The renowned guilloché specialist, Jochen Benzinger brings his expertise to the Norrsken in intricate detailing. An index ring, encircling the dial, is produced by Swedish master craftsman, Mikael Kenlind of Vas Vitreum. This clear index ring is hand-sculpted and handblown in Swedish crystal, a rare form of glass seldom seen outside of the country. Twelve small fixation points hold the index ring in place, allowing a degree of flex and thereby mitigating the risk of damage should the watch be subject to impact.
The insert ring created by Sweden based James Thompson and his company, Black Badger, provide an insert ring cast from solid Badgerite. This solid lume material, developed in collaboration with Swiss firm, RC Tritec, the makers of Super-LumiNova, is positioned behind the glass index ring. The clear glass ring refracts light into the case, creating a mesmerising green shimmer. A further application of lume is positioned below the index ring near the exposed dial area, enhancing the readability of the indexes. A special colour of lume and method of application were developed specifically for this watch. This means of illumination shuns any form of electronics or high-tech luminescence, concepts alien to GoS, a firm which is renowned for employing traditional handcraftsmanship. Spear-shaped hour and minute hands convey the prevailing time, while the GoS triskele indicates the running seconds. Both the index ring and seconds display are recessed within the dial which is filled with SuperLumiNova.
Like the dial, the case of the Norrsken is also available in two main variants. One option features a highly polished stainless-steel case ring, while a second version is endowed with a Damascus steel case ring. The bezel and the caseback are facetted, accentuating the appearance of the fluted case ring. The bezel is available in a choice of highly polished stainless steel or Damascus steel, both finished in the GoS workshop. Furthermore, all pin buckles are forged of Damascus steel, produced by GoS, and feature the brand’s triskele logo.
The caseback is fitted with a pane of sapphire crystal allowing the wearer to view the automatic movement within. The Calibre GoS03 is made by movement specialist Schwarz Etienne and customized by GoS. It encompasses premium finishing, including hand-polished bevels and specific modifications requested by GoS, including a dedicated escape wheel bridge. The movement is equipped with GoS's own micro-rotor, hand-forged in Damascus steel. Its upper surface is suffused with shades of green and black, matching the appearance of the dial. The micro-rotor sits flush with the neighboring bridges, mitigating the height of the movement and providing unrestricted views of numerous beautifully finished components. The ratchet wheel is adorned with the GoS triskele emblem. When the mainspring is fully wound, the watch will run autonomously for 86 hours.
The Norrsken is supplied on a sumptuous strap, handmade in Stockholm from high-gloss, polished salmon leather. Finally, the watch is presented in a handblown Swedish crystal presentation box, once again, handcrafted by Mikael Kenlind of Vas Vitreum.
- Hours, minutes.
- Small second at 6h: in the shape of the GoS triskele
- 41.5mm x 12.1mm (8mm at edge)
- Stainless steel with optional Black Damascus case ring and/or - - Damascus steel bezel
- Sapphire crystals front and caseback – Front crystal domed with double sided anti-reflective coating
- Transparent crystal gaskets in new Swiss developed material
- 5ATM water resistance (50m)
- Crown with double gaskets and GoS internal impact protection.
- Manufacture movement by Schwarz Etienne with GoS-specific modifications and finishing
- Automatic winding with a micro-rotor and damascus steel counterweight
- GoS triskele engraved on click wheel
- Handpolished bevels on all bridges
- Separate bridge for escape wheel
- 21,600 vibrations/hour
- 86h power reserve
- Stop-seconds mechanism
- 33 jewels – 199 parts
- 30.40mm x 5.25mm
- Silver dial handturned by master Jochen Benzinger - machined and finished by Patrik Sjögren
- Hour index recesses filled with emerald green Badgerite, developed by James Thompson together with Swiss SuperLuminova
- Transparent index ring in Swedish Crystal - individually handmade by master glass artisan Mikael Kenlind
- Solid ring of Badgerite applied round the Crystal index ring
- GoS viking spearhead – Rhodium plated
- GoS triskele small seconds hand
- Polished Salmon leather – black – Made in Stockholm
- Tapered 21mm to 20mm with rounded padding
- Pin buckle in stainless damascus steel with GoS triskele logo
GoS Norrsken Northern Lights Hand-Guilloché Dial | LE is available to order.
We are an authorized dealer, purchasing online is unavailable at this time. Some items are available immediately. Orders may vary in time length. Please email us or phone with any questions. If you would like to speak with a consultant during business hours, phone: 303-572-1111* Fields are Required