Moritz Grossmann Tefnut Silver-Plated by Friction Stainless Steel
The TEFNUT model embodies everything Moritz Grossmann stands for - highly refined technical mastery with simplistic elegance. Not a detail is overlooked from the hand-finishing to the high-quality materials. This latest edition of the TEFNUT line returns with a fresh look - a hand silver-plated by friction dial in a stainless steel 39 mm case. This dial presents time with confidence in a sleek design.
To inquire about availability please phone 303.572.1111. Also available in Rose Gold.
The hand silver-plating technique originated in the 19th century and was passed down through generations. Silver powder, salt, cream of tartar, and water are combined to form a special paste that is buffed into the dial until it forms a fine grain. A finishing polish results in an almost velvet-like matt surface that plays with light and shadow to create a unique display. This traditional technique requires a great deal of experience and precision to execute it correctly.
Behind the striking dial, the slender hand-wound calibre 102.1 comprises a classic pillar movement formed of a main plate and a 3/4 plate. With proper winding, a 48 hour power reserve can be expected. The hand-stitched brown alligator leather complements the warmth of the perfectly sized 39 mm stainless steel case.
Moritz Grossmann timepieces sell very quickly. If interested in one of these watches please reach out to Jeremy: Jeremy@osterjewelers.com to be updated with availability.
- Manufactory calibre 102.1
- Manual winding
- Regulated in five positions
- Shock-resistant balance with inertia and poising screws
- Impulse pin integrated in rim
- Flat balance spring
- Balance staff with integrated safety roller
- Adjustment with Grossmann micrometer screw
- Plate movement with 3/5 plate
- Frame pillars and separately removable clutch winding mechanism
- Raised gold chatons with pan-head screws
- Remodified Glashütte stopwork with backlash
- Mainspring barrel with bilateral jewel bearings for optimized power management in the low-torque range
- ARCAP train wheels
- Proprietary escapement with 18-tooth escape wheel
Hour and minute
Number of parts
22 jewels, 3 of which in screwed gold chatons
- Shock-resistant Grossmann balance with 4 inertia screws and 2 poising screws
- Nivarox 1 balance spring
Diameter: 10.0 mm
48 hours when fully wound
- Crown in stainless steel for winding the watch and setting the time
- 39.0 mm diameter
- 8.5 mm height
- 26.0 mm diameter
- 3.5 mm height
Three-part, in stainless steel
Engraved, set in black and hand silver-plated by friction
Manually crafted, steel, annealed to a brown-violet hue
Sapphire crystal, anti-reflective coating on one side
Hand-stitched black alligator leather with prong buckle in stainless steel
Oster Jewelers is an authorized Moritz Grossmann Retailer