Schwarz Etienne Roma Synergy Blue Dial by Kari Voutilainen | LE50
This watch is one of 50 in this dial variation.
To inquire about availability please phone 303.572.1111
On many mass-produced watches with so-called guilloché dials, a circular brass disc is stamped under pressure, resulting in a patterned surface. However, the dial of the Schwarz Etienne ROMA SYNERGY by Kari Voutilainen is made using a rose engine lathe, conferring superior definition. These machines are manually operated. There is an absence of computer controls and a lack of electrical power. Typically, rose engine lathes are very old as new replacements are unavailable. Indeed, the rose engine lathe within Kari’s atelier dates back to 1907.
By employing various shaped cams or rosettes on the rose engine lathe, a time-served artisan can impart different patterns to a silver disc. The simplest guilloché dial would feature only one form of decoration, but the Schwarz Etienne ROMA SYNERGY by Kari Voutilainen features an array of dial patterns. It takes two days to complete a dial.
Schwarz Etienne has incredible expertise producing movements, using cutting-edge plant to make components to minute tolerances. Likewise, Les Ateliers Kari Voutilainen practise rare crafts which are the preserve of just a few firms. Kari’s creations are renowned for their peerless finishing, attracting plaudits from the world’s watch press and legions of aficionados.
The Schwarz Etienne ROMA SYNERGY by Kari Voutilainen, jointly created by both companies, harnesses artisanal craftsmanship and watchmaking virtue, a wonderful illustration of synergy at work.
Domed sapphire crystal with anti-reflection treatment
5 ATM/50 metres
Automatic movement with micro-rotor
30.40mm (13 1/4''')
- Hours and minutes
- Small second at 6 o'clock
3 Hz (21'600 Alt/h)
ASE 200.00 Roma Synergy
- 30.40mm (13 1/4''') diameter
- 5.35 mm height
- Traditional hand guilloché emanating from the balance wheel, made by Les Ateliers Kari Voutilainen
- Diamond drops and snailing on the ratchet wheel made by Les Ateliers
- Kari Voutilainen. 5N 18ct red gold applique made by Les Ateliers Kari Voutilainen
- Micro-rotor decorated by Les Ateliers Kari Voutilainen
- Hand bevelling and straight grained flanks
- Hand bevelling and black polished steel
Balance wheel with fixed inertia, manufactured in-house
Phillips flat spiral terminal coil manufactured by E20
Number of components
Number of jewels
Made from silver. Royal blue colour hand guilloché made by les Ateliers Kari Voutilainen.
- Flange: guilloché “Soleil”
- Main dial: guilloché “écaille de poisson”
- Small second: guilloché “vague”
- Applique: “By Voutilainen”
- Silver Arabic numerals and indexes, silver applique
- Schwarz Etienne logo, lancine-style hour and minute hands.
Brass, silver colour.
Blue grey leather strap with gold leather lining
Folding buckle in stainless with Schwarz Etienne logo