Ulysse Nardin Torpilleur Moonphase 42mm Blue | LE300
In celebration of 175 years of Ulysse Nardin comes the new Marine Torpilleur Collection. The Ulysse Nardin Torpilleur Moonphase, shown here in blue, enhances the pleasure of being able to admire the moon from Earth and its vast seas. The Torpilleur is the French name for a torpedo boat, an attack ship that needed
above all to be quick and with a precise aim. Used in combination with a sextant, the chronometers of yesterday allowed for detailed, astral navigation which included following the phases of the moon to comprehend the Ocean’s movements to the best of human ability. This Marine Torpilleur Moonphase, the most recent descendant of an illustrious family, permits modern man to do the
same, whether on the deck of his own sailing vessel or simply admiring the seas from afar.
Limited edition of 300 pieces.
Brown Strap - Ref. 1193-310LE-3A-175/1A
Blue Strap - Ref. 1193-310LE-3A-175/1B
To inquire about availability please phone 303.572.1111
To early astronomers - from Galilei to Copernicus to Johannes Kepler- the importance of astral navigation could not be underestimated. As one of the oldest preoccupations of mankind, astronomy deals with all celestial bodies, from planets and their satellites to comets, meteors, quasars and galaxies and has continually aroused the curiosity of mankind. Our planet’s moon has been of particular interest, as it has a direct impact on the oceans effects our life on earth.
Ulysse Nardin has been producing watches with moonphases
since the end of the 19th century. The moonphase is a complication that is at the heart of every astronomical instrument, as the phases of the moon control the tides, hence navigation.
COSC automatic self-winding movement
- Hours, minutes, small seconds and moonphase
- Balance spring in Silicium
- Escapement wheel & anchor in Diamonsil
- Stainless Steel polished & satin finish
- Fluted bezel
Open sapphire case back
- Diameter 42 mm
- Height 11.13 mm
- Blue sun-brushed PVD dial
- Double counters with power reserve indicator at 12 o’clock and small seconds and moon disc at 6 o’clock
- The star of the night is made of a multi-layer decal that brings a lot of elegance and reflections when reveal on the Starry Sky made of blue PVD
- “Chronometry since 1846” signature on the small second counter
- Rhodium-finish hands
Power Reserve (H)
Brown or blue alligator strap
Oster Jewelers Is An Authorized Ulysse Nardin Retailer.