Moritz Grossmann Central Second Purple Dial | LE25 | Pre-Order
Energetic, dynamic and expressive - a new colourway builds on the success of the CENTRAL SECOND model unveiled by Moritz Grossmann last year. The striking purple dial has a sophisticated sheen and makes a bold yet tasteful statement on the wearer's wrist. CENTRAL SECOND Purple has a modern look which is further enhanced by a black, hand-stitched strap made from Kudu leather.
Limited Edition of 25 pieces worldwide. Please email email@example.com or phone 303.572.1111 to reserve yours today.
The striking Central Second brings together a case made from polished steel with a charmingly elegant feel and superb functionality. Schönstes deutsches Handwerk made in Germany that unites the highest degree of craftsmanship with a mechanism that functions simply perfectly. In doing so, the manufactory once again recalls the spirit of its namesake and grand master of the Glashütte art of watchmaking, Moritz Grossmann. In his treatise written back in the 19th century, the exceptional watchmaker and founder of the German School of Watchmaking (1878) described how to construct a simple but mechanically perfect watch.
Like the blue dial, the limited edition purple version is powered by the new calibre 100.11. The force of the mainspring is transferred from the third wheel to the new central second wheel via an additional intermediate wheel in the center of the movement, keeping the second hand rotating in the center of the dial.
Moritz Grossmann timepieces sell very quickly. If interested in one of these watches please reach out to Jeremy: Jeremy@osterjewelers.com to be updated with availability.
- Manufactory calibre 100.11
- Manual winding
- Regulated in five positions
- Grossmann balance
- Hand setting override and start of movement with lateral pusher
- Space-saving modified Glashütte stopwork with backlash
- Adjustment with Grossmann micrometer screw on cantilevered balance cock
- Pillar movement with 2/3 plate and pillars made of untreated German silver
- Balance cock and escape-wheel cock hand-engraved
- Broad horizontal Glashütte ribbing
- Snailing on the ratchet wheel
- Separately removable clutch winder
- Stop seconds for hand setting
- Central second wheel
- Hours, minutes and seconds
- Central second with stop second
- Grossmann manual winder with pusher
Number of parts
22 jewels, of which one in a pressed gold chaton
- Shock-absorbed Grossmann balance with 4 inertia screws and 2 poising screws, - Nivarox 1 balance spring with No. 80 Breguet terminal curve
- Gustav Gerstenberger geometry
Diameter: 14.2 mm
42 hours when fully wound
- Crowns in stainless steel to wind the watch and set the time
- Pusher in stainless steel to start the movement
- 41.0 mm diameter
- 12.00 mm height
- 36.4 mm diameter
- 5.30 mm height
Three-part, stainless steel
Solid silver, purple with sunray finish
Manually crafted, steel, blued steel/polished steel with filling of HyCeram Luminex (hour and minute hand)
Sapphire crystal, antireflective coating on one side
Hand-stitched Kudu leather with prong buckle in stainless steel
Oster Jewelers is an authorized Moritz Grossmann Retailer