Grönefeld 1941 Principia Automatic Cream Lacquer RG
This highly desirable Grönefeld Principia is shown here with striking blued steel hands and perfectly polished markers that complement the impressive cream lacquered dial in this red gold 5N case. This automatic watch is powered by the G-06 calibre, features a solid gold 22k oscillating weight, and a 56 hour power reserve.
The Principia is housed in the company's 1941 case. Named after the year their father Sjef was born, the 1941 case exudes grace from every angle. A sapphire case back has been fitted to confer a spectacular view on the extensively hand finished movement with their well known stainless steel bridges and a the 22K solid gold oscillating weight. Each movement is finished and assembled by hand. To emphasize the manual labour involved a gold plate, engraved with an individual number, is applied to the movement.
The Grönefeld family has a watchmaking history spanning over more than a century, the foundations of which were established in 1912 by Johan Grönefeld. This legacy is now managed by the third generation, the horological brothers Bart and Tim Grönefeld. They made it their mission to build elegant timepieces with surprising mechanisms that belong to the best in the world.
- Diameter: 32 mm
- Thickness: 5.5 mm
Number of parts
Number of jewels
31 jewels, partially set in solid gold chatons.
- Uni-directional winding mechanism
- For 24 hours of autonomy 633 rotations of the Oscillating mass are required.
- Entirely decorated by hand
- 22 karat solid gold
- Pivoted on a high precision ceramic ball bearing to avoid excessive wear and the need of lubrication
Variable-inertia balance wheel with four white gold timing screws (diameter 10 mm)
Free sprung with Phillips terminal over coil curve with triangle hairspring stud
Jewelled Swiss lever
Spotted & ruthenium electroplated brass main plate
Stainless steel, bevels polished by hand, micro-blasted center, circular grain on the top to highlight the bridges shapes and relief engravings
- Central hours and minutes
- Small seconds at 6 o'clock.
- Diameter is 39.55 mm with a thickness of 10.5 mm
3 ATM / 30 meters
Case matching material, engraved with The Horological Brothers Logo
Salmon coloured dial with a solid Sterling Silver 925 base material
- Extended Lancette hands
- Flame-blued steel and mirror polished centers
- Small poised seconds hand
Blue buffalo with orange stitching.
- Pin buckle made in Stainless Steel 916L engraved with Grönefeld
- Domed sapphire crystal on the front with hard anti-reflective coating on both sides. Flat sapphire crystal on the back with hard anti-reflective coating on both sides
Number of components
Stainless Steel 74 Grams